On Thursday, November 8th at 7PM
, we will be holding our next beer event at the REO Town Pub
. This time we will be featuring a beer and cheese pairing with beer from Frankenmuth Brewery
and cheese from Lansing's own Hills' Homecured Cheeses
, which is located within the Lansing City Market
We are excited for this event because it gives us a chance before the hustle and bustle of the holidays begins to connect with our supporters for a relaxed evening of fun and tasting. Frankenmuth's beers are as delicious as they are drinkable, and Hills' vast cheese offerings from around the world are second to none in the Lansing area. A member of Hills' staff will also be at the event to walk us through the complexities of the cheeses and how they should pair with the various Frankenmuth beers.
The Pairings will be as Follows:
- Frankenmuth Pilsener paired with an Irish Cheddar
- Frankenmuth Munich Style Dunkel paired with a German Butterkase (Butter Cheese)
- Frankenmuth Batch 69 IPA paired with a Spicy Havarti
- Frankenmuth Harvest Ale paired with a Smoked Gouda
- Frankenmuth Winter Bock paired with an "English Tickler" cheese from the Devon region in England
Tickets for the event are $20 and are available through our website or in person at the pub. As usual, the REO Town Pub will be buzzing and at the conclusion of the pairing Roxanne & her staff will be offering a bowl of Beer Cheese Soup with a Beer for $8. Your two choices of soups are Cheesy Ham Leek or Cheddar Cheese. We hope to see you on November 8th for our very first beer and cheese pairing!