Other breweries currently in the works in the Traverse City area include Terra Firma, which is a farm-based operation that will focus on environmentally friendly and agricultural sustainable beers, and Beggars Brewery, primarily a production facility with a small pub and 6 rotating taps, currently targeting a Labor Day opening weekend.
The Filling Station is the Latest Brewery to Open in Traverse CityWritten by Dan VanderKooi
Dan VK has been following the Michigan Craft Beer scene since before Oberon has been available in 6-packs. Besides making the rounds at all the local craft breweries and beer bars, Dan also supports the local music scene, reads crime fiction, and enjoys playing volleyball with his wife and friends.
Latest from Dan VanderKooi
- Trail Point Brewing Co. to locate on Lake Michigan Drive in Allendale.
- Hudsonville’s Pike 51 Brewing Co. celebrates fall beer releases with Knight’s Fest
- Recap of Octoberfest Music & Craft Beer Festival in Downtown Ludington
- 2014 Vander Fest scores a winning Trifecta with food, bands, and beverage
- Recap of 4th Annual Brewery Vivant Wood Aged Beer Fest