Other breweries currently in the works in the Traverse City area include Terra Firma, which is a farm-based operation that will focus on environmentally friendly and agricultural sustainable beers, and Beggars Brewery, primarily a production facility with a small pub and 6 rotating taps, currently targeting a Labor Day opening weekend.
The Filling Station is the Latest Brewery to Open in Traverse CityWritten by Dan VanderKooi
Dan VK has been following the Michigan Craft Beer scene since before Oberon has been available in 6-packs. Besides making the rounds at all the local craft breweries and beer bars, Dan also supports the local music scene, reads crime fiction, and enjoys playing volleyball with his wife and friends.
Latest from Dan VanderKooi
- Tibbs Brewing Company joins Kalamazoo’s emerging small batch beer scene
- Recap of Midtown on Tap in Grand Rapids
- Dutton’s Railtown Brewing Company launches mug club and announces starting tap lineup
- The Mitten Brewing Co. opens outdoor beer patio; expands brewhouse!
- New Arktos Meadery to put award-winning meads into production in Grand Rapids